A definite keeper!!
Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, featuring Part 2 of the book: Body Parts. This post deals with facial expressions:
Besides the usual way of describing an expression—he had an X look on his face—there is another, more elegant one:
- A relieved look washed over his face.
- She turned to me, her face lighting up as she spoke.
- A shadow came over his face.
- His emotions flitted across his face.
- Darkness crossed his face.
- A pained look marred his face.
- She had a mischievous look plastered on her face.
- Her brittle smile belied the sentiment of her words.
View original post 9 more words